Wednesday 22 May 2013

I've got the blues, greens n budgerigars!

green and cream colourways and budgie tin

Pie dishes and loads of utensils
As I mentioned in my last blog, I will be at North London Vintage Market on 1st June 10-5. This will be the last one until September so do try to come along. As usual there will be a real mixture of vintage stalls including clothes, jewellery, textiles and  home ware, as well as delicious food and refreshments. This time there will be some stalls outside and hopefully a dog show with proceeds going to North London Hospice. It should be a really good day. For more details see: northlondonvintagemarket.blogspot.com   I'll be there with some of my recent finds including Cornish ware dinner plates, pudding dishes and side plates as well as jugs. I also have what is sometimes known as the poor man's Cornish ware, made by Chef Ware. I think Woolworth's stocked it but don't let that put you off as the famous design, 'Homemaker', was also sold by them! These are also blue and white striped and are just as handsome in a different way. There are lots more utensils in an array of colours including yellow, orange and the classic cream and green. Talking of green and cream, these are one of my favourite colour-ways in enamel and  tin items. They remind me of creamy white blossoms in the garden surrounded by fresh foliage. A classic combination. The photos I'm showing are examples of  these colours together with my one remaining budgie tin. The writing on top says, 'bird sand' and the one I've already sold said, 'bird seed'. It's amazing that such mundane ingredients were sold in such attractive tins! All of these items will be at Spitalfields Thursday market until then so some of them may be snapped up but there will always be more to follow!


Beautiful blue enamel

No comments:

Post a Comment